The illustration for the club this year is based on a beautiful artwork by Khyatee Kanchan: she came to Iceland on holidays in 2016, fell in love with the Icelandic sheep and made a beautiful wood cut. You can get an original print on paper here.
What you get:
- 4 parcels over a period of 4 months (December 2019 to March 2020) containing Icelandic yarns selected especially for the project: they could be a special or limited edition, plant-dyed, hand-dyed, handspun or a special colorway, or made from special Icelandic wool or sheep. The amount of yarn per KIT will vary from 60g to 200g depending on the project and the yarn thickness. Also the Icelandic wool is very light!
- 4 knitting patterns created by Hélène Magnússon, accompanied by the story behind the making of the yarns for each project: where it comes from, what’s so special about it, who made it. The patterns will be exclusive to the club for 10 months after the release of each pattern. They will be essentially accessories (shawls, mittens, hats, etc…) or other relatively little projects. The patterns will be provided in the form of a PDF: you will receive a download link by email each time a pattern is released and the PDF will also be automatically set into your Icelandic Knitter account under Downloads where it will be indefinitely accessible.
- a little something from Iceland… we love surprises!
Good to know:
- the shipments will be made as follows:
Participants from the following countries will receive a monthly shipment: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweeden and Finland
KIT 1 : ships December 9th 2019
KIT 2 : ships around January 9th 2020
KIT 3 : ships around February 9th 2019
KIT 4 : ships around March 9th 2020
All other countries will be sent the 4 kits in only 2 shipments: it takes a bit of the fun out, but it was the only solution we could come up with to balance the huge difference in shipping costs between those different countries.
KIT 1 and 2: ship December 9th 2019
KITS 3 and 4: ship around February 9th 2020
- The matching pattern (in English and French) will be released about 2 weeks later (thus ensuring that the vast majority has received the wool and is ready to cast on), around the 25th of each month:
KIT 1 : pattern releases December 24th 2019 (for Xmas!)
KIT 2 : pattern releases around January 25th 2020
KIT 3 : pattern releases around February 25th 2020
KIT 4 : pattern releases around March 25th 2020
- parcels are sent by the Icelandic post office (postur.is). Shipping cost worldwide with tracking is included in the price. With each shipment, you will be sent a tracking number which will allow you to follow your parcel. For an idea of the delays, see here.
- in case of a change in address, please let us know as soon as possible and at least 2 weeks before scheduled shipment!
- this is a club; by signing up, you are committing yourself for the duration of the club. Refunds and cancellations are not possible, without prejudice of your statutory rights. Please see our full Terms and Conditions.
- for technical reasons, we are unfortunately not able this year to offer the club as a subscription with installment. We’re very sorry about that.