Terms & Conditions
We hope you find it easy to navigate on the site. If you encounter any problems or need more information, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com
We accept payment by PayPal, cards and direct Bank transfer.
Payment by Paypal: you don’t have to be a member of PayPal to use it but you will need an account. Once on the Paypal site, you will be given the choice to use your credit card as well. If you have a PayPal account not associated with a credit card, the payment can still be processed with an e-cheque, which may take several days while the funds are transferred from your bank account, and thus delay the processing of your order.
Payment by cards: we accept most debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, etc…) but not American Express. All transactions are secured through the Icelandic payment gateway Borgun/Salt pay.
Direct Bank Transfer: you can make your payment directly into our bank account. Once your order is placed, you will immediately access our bank details:
- local transfer (only if you have a bank account in Iceland)
Account number: 004241
Sort code: 26
- International transfer in Euros
Prjonakerling, Reykjavik, Iceland
IBAN: IS20 0370 3800 0107 4310 1416 50
- International transfer in Icelandic crowns (ISK)
Prjonakerling, Reykjavik, Iceland
IBAN: IS29 0301 2600 4241 4310 1416 50
Hélène Magnússon, France
IBAN: FR76 1660 6100 6484 8613 5230 688
Please use your Order ID as the payment reference and SEND THE RECEIPT BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org Your order won’t be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account.
Knitting patterns come as downloadable PDF files so you can get started immediately. We don’t send paper copy. Once your payment is complete, you will receive an email with a link to download the pattern. The PDF are also always available in your Icelandic Knitter account under Downloads. We provide free support with all the knitting patterns on the website. If you have any problems or any question about knitting a pattern, or if you find a mistake, please contact us. All the patterns (the free ones as well) are protected by copyright law. They are for personal, non-profit use only. Please respect it.
Knitting kits include enough yarn to knit the item in the size required. We add about 10% more to make sure there is enough at the gauge indicated. Note that for small items (dolls, accessories), there is not always enough yarn to make a gauge swatch and you may need to unravel your swatch to complete the project. Kits don’t include the needles and notions. Unless specified, the pattern is usually not included in the kit and should be purchased separately. This allows you to purchase several kits without having to pay again for the pattern each time.
Please also check our Booking & Cancellation Policy.
Ordering and shipping
We ship in most countries in the world using Chronopost or Colissimo. All parcels are shipped from the EEC by our fulfillment partner in France.
Orders are usually ship within a few working days from the moment you placed your order.
To place an order, click on the Add to cart button. In your shopping cart, you can always change the quantity and enter any discount code. To calculate the shipping cost, enter the country of shipping and the zip code: shipping costs will be calculated automatically according to the total weight of your order or a a lump sum will be applied depending on the country to ship to.
Including in the shipping costs are also packaging and handling.
Taxes and duties
We are not responsible for any costs or taxes that may be claimed by the customs of the country of receipt, which remain the buyer’s responsibility to pay.
- Europe: The prices indicated on the site are shown inclusive of VAT for Europe (EEC). The VAT is calculated according to the country where the order is placed and can thus vary according to the receiving country. At the bottom of the website, you can choose the receiving country and see the prices for that particular country. At the checkout, the VAT will be adjusted if the receiving country address is different from the billing address.
- United Kingdom: The VAT regulation is very complexe in the UK. The prices indicated on the Website are exclusive of VAT. You will have to pay for the VAT and taxes before the reception of the parcel. We are unfortunately not able to ship orders under 160 euros without VAT. Sorry about that.
- Rest of the world: For shipments outside of Europe (EEC), the prices are shown without the VAT and we are not responsible for any costs or taxes that may be claimed by the customs of the country of receipt, which remain the buyer’s responsibility to pay.
You have the choice between two shipping methods:
- Colissimo: home delivery with or without signature, or to a relay point in France and some EEC countries
- Chronopost (DPD): home delivery in Europe and the rest of the world or to relay points in Europe depending on the country
We hope that you are happy with what you receive. If you are not, please contact us as soon as possible for a refund or an exchange. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the postage and you will have to pay for the return postage yourself. If your order is damaged, please do not accept the package and contact us immediately. Alternatively, take a picture of the damaged packaging and send it to us so we can see what went wrong. Thank you!
This policy doesn’t apply to downloadable PDFs that cannot be returned and are not refundable.
If you have any questions about our website or those Terms & Conditions, please contact us by email at email@example.com