Terms & Conditions
We hope you find it easy to navigate on the site. If you encounter any problems or need more information, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept payment by PayPal, cards and direct Bank transfer.
Payment by Paypal: you don’t have to be a member of PayPal to use it but you will need an account. Once on the Paypal site, you will be given the choice to use your credit card as well. If you have a PayPal account not associated with a credit card, the payment can still be processed with an e-cheque, which may take several days while the funds are transferred from your bank account, and thus delay the processing of your order.
Payment by cards: we accept most debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, etc…) but not American Express. All transactions are secured through the Icelandic payment gateway Borgun.
Direct Bank Transfer: you can make your payment directly into our bank account. Once your order is placed, you will immediately access our bank details:
- local transfer (only if you have a bank account in Iceland)
Account number: 004241
Sort code: 26
- International transfer in Euros
Prjonakerling, Reykjavik, Iceland
IBAN: IS20 0370 3800 0107 4310 1416 50
- International transfer in Icelandic crowns (ISK)
Prjonakerling, Reykjavik, Iceland
IBAN: IS29 0301 2600 4241 4310 1416 50
Please use your Order ID as the payment reference and SEND THE RECEIPT BY EMAIL to email@example.com Your order won’t be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account.
Knitting patterns come as downloadable PDF files so you can get started immediately. We don’t send paper copy. Once your payment is complete, you will receive an email with a link to download the pattern. The PDF are also always available in your Icelandic Knitter account under Downloads. We provide free support with all the knitting patterns on the website. If you have any problems or any question about knitting a pattern, or if you find a mistake, please contact us. All the patterns (the free ones as well) are protected by copyright law. They are for personal, non-profit use only. Please respect it.
Knitting kits include enough yarn to knit the item in the size required. We add about 10% more to make sure there is enough at the gauge indicated. Note that for small items (dolls, accessories), there is not always enough yarn to make a gauge swatch and you may need to unravel your swatch to complete the project. Kits don’t include the needles and notions. Unless specified, the pattern is usually not included in the kit and should be purchased separately. This allows you to purchase several kits without having to pay again for the pattern each time.
Please also check our Booking & Cancellation Policy.
Ordering and shipping
We ship all over the world.
Orders are usually ship within a few working days from the moment you placed your order.
To place an order, click on the Add to cart button. In your shopping cart, you can always change the quantity and enter any discount code. To calculate the shipping cost, enter the country of shipping and the zip code: shipping costs will be calculated automatically according to the total weight of your order.
In addition to shipping costs are also packaging and handling.
Taxes and duties
The prices indicated on the site are exclusive of VAT and any duties and taxes charged at customs when sending overseas are the buyers responsibility to pay.
Note that Iceland is part of EFTA (European Fair Trade Association) but not of the EEC (European Economic Community) and that therefore Taxes and duties will be charged as well when sending to Europe and are the buyers responsibility to pay: duties are calculated based on the declaration of value (usually the purchase price plus freight and insurance costs). Since July 1st, 2021, VAT will be applied to all imports. It is payable from the 1st euro. The standard rate of VAT is 20%. However customs duties are not applicable for online purchases up to 150 euros. Beyond this value, the rate of customs duties depends on the nature of the goods and their origin.
You have the choice between two shipping methods:
- LOCAL ICELANDIC POST, Posturinn. All parcels are sent with tracking: once your order is sent, you will receive an email with the tracking number. Please note that your goods may be stopped at the customs authorities of your country and you may be asked to pay the duties and taxes applicable.
– Smápakki (Small parcel up to 2 kg, Preferential tariff): 3-4 working days in Europe and 6-12 working days countries (available only for a limited number of countries: Norway, Sweeden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, France, Netherland, Belgium, UK, Ireland, USA)
– Evrópu pakki: Europe parcel: to countries in Europe: 3-4 working days
– Heimspakki: Parcel rest of the world. 6-12 working days*Note that because of the Covid-19 pandemic, the countries we are shipping to with our local post and the delays are greatly affected: see more information here.
- DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE. You will receive your parcel very quickly, within a couple of working days. Goods send with DHL always go through customs. DHL pays on your behalf all duties and taxes applicable to your shipment to the customs authorities, and will charge you for it at reception of the parcel. See here for more details.
We hope that you are happy with what you receive. If you are not, please contact us as soon as possible for a refund or an exchange. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the postage and you will have to pay for the return postage yourself. If your order is damaged, please do not accept the package and contact us immediately. Alternatively, take a picture of the damaged packaging and send it to us so we can see what went wrong. Thank you!
This policy doesn’t apply to downloadable PDFs that cannot be returned and are not refundable.
If you have any questions about our website or those Terms & Conditions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org