Size: one size. Shawl fits a square ca 95×95 cm / 37×37”
Needles: cicular needle 5 mm / 8 US, crochet hook 2 mm (B/1 US)
Gauge: 10×10 cm / 4”x 4” = 16 sts x 22 rows in stocking st on needles 5 mm. Gauge is not essential but you may run short of yarn if your gauge is too loose.
Yarn: Total yardage: about 450 m
Love Story, 100% pure Icelandic lambswool, very soft fine lace weight, 1 ply
Einband by Ístex, 100% wool (80% Icelandic wool), single ply lace, 2-ply weight, 50gr/skein, 50g = approx. 225m/246 yds
Grýla Tvíband by Hélène Magnússon: 100% new wool, pure Icelandic wool, plied lace, 2-ply, 25 g/skein = approx. 112 m/ 123 yds
- Spring: MC #0851 (white) 1 skein; CC1 #1765 (yellow) 1 skein; CC2 #9268 (green) 20 g; CC3 # 9990 (orange) 20 g
- It’s raining: MC #1026 (grey), CC1 #0151 (black), CC2 #0008 (blue), 1 skein each
- It’s muddy: MC #1038 (beige), CC1 #0852 (dark brown), CC2 #0853 (brown), 1 skein each; a few grams CC3 #9268 (green) to bind off.
- Grýla blue: MC anis green, CC1 sky blue, CC2 moss green, CC3 indigo blue; 1 skein each
- Grýla purple: MC Vieux Rose, CC1 anis green, CC2 aubergine, CC3 white; 1 skein each
Techniques:provisional cast-on, top down, lace, crocheted bind-off
Kit: the kit contains the wool but not the needles or the other material. The kit doesn’t include the pattern that must be purchased separately. Shipping costs are not included
Shipping and returns: see Terms & conditions here
Errata: no mistake was found in this pattern but there were a few updates:
24.04.2012: instructions for color combinations “It’s raining” and “It’s muddy” and “Love” variation added to the pattern.
16.01.2015: Grýla color combination added. Written instructions added. New layout. Newest file ending ENG2-1