The illustration for the Club this year is by my friend Linda Loeskow. She is an awarded graphic designer and illustrator, originally from Sweden but lived and worked in Iceland for over 20 years. She is also a nature lover and tries to spend the summers in the highlands.
“Since most of my work is on the computer I try, when possible, to draw by hand. This drawing is made with black ink on paper. I looked at photos of Icelandic sheep with horns, and of course added a little knitted scarf :)”
What you get:
- 4 yarn kits containing Icelandic yarns selected especially for the project: they could be a special or limited edition, plant-dyed, hand-dyed, handspun or a special colorway, or made from special Icelandic wool or sheep. I´m particularly happy this year with some of the yarns I managed to source from our local crafters because of their rarity! Each KIT contains enough yarn to complete the project at the suggested gauge. The amount of yarn per KIT will vary depending on the project and the yarn thickness. Also the Icelandic wool is very light ! The whole package weighs about 940 g (packaging included).
- 4 knitting patterns created by Hélène Magnússon, accompanied by the story behind the making of the yarns for each project: where it comes from, what’s so special about it, who made it. They will be essentially accessories (shawls, mittens, hats, etc…) or other relatively little projects (no sweaters). The patterns will be provided in the form of a PDF: you will receive a notification by email each time a new pattern is released and the PDF will be automatically set into your Icelandic Knitter account under Downloads where it will be indefinitely accessible.
- a little something from Iceland… I adore to surprise! Some may truly surprise you but you will get the explanation of what its is and what it is used for in the corresponding pattern and story. Please don´t throw anything from the packaging as it may be used or reused 😉
- the support and company of other fellow knitters if you join the Icelandic Yarn Club 5 KAL (Knit ALong) hosted on my facebook group. From November 2023 to January 2024. It is fun to share unboxing experiences and progress pictures! The group is a private group which you can join at anytime!
Good to know:
- the 4 Kits will be shipped all together in one parcel as we receive your order. They are numbered 1 to 4 and I will tell you which one to open when the pattern is released. I trust that you won´t open the kits before your receive the corresponding pattern! And please don´t throw the packaging, it could be put to use or reuse 😉
- Shipping costs are not included in the price of the kit: at the checkout you will be given the choice between various shipping options. Note that we are now shipping from France, so there won´t be any taxes and duties added in Europe. For an idea of the delays, see here.
- The 4 patterns (in English and French) will be released as follows:
KIT 1 : pattern releases November 7th 2023 (not 1st as first announced)
KIT 2 : pattern releases November 24th 2023
KIT 3 : pattern releases December 24th 2023 (for Xmas!)
KIT 4 : pattern releases January 24th 2024
- As a Club Member, you will always be able to find your patterns PDFs in a compressed folder (ending with .zip) in your Icelandic Knitter account. To access them, with each new pattern release, log in, go under Downloads and download the updated folder. See here more detailed information on how to access your PDFs.
- If you wish to also receive your PDFs it in your Ravelry account, please send me a messagewith your Ravelry username so I can add it manually to your library.
- The stories behind the yarns will be released at the same dates than the patterns but in a different PDF file that will be only accessiblein your Icelandic Knitter account where you will always be able to find it.
- This is a club; by signing up, you are committing yourself for the duration of the club. Refunds and cancellations are not possible, without prejudice of your statutory rights. Please see our full Terms and Conditions.
- We are not able to offer the club as a subscription. It´s a one off paiement. Sorry about that.