The illustration for the Club this year is my beloved Hammer rose wallpaper which I created what seems ages ago. It is inspired by one of my favorite Icelandic shoe-insert in the National Museum of Iceland. It has followed me ever since, on my business cards and marketing material but also printed on fabric for my graduation collection ack in 2005! And of course knitted on my Hammer rose vest (from my book about shoe-insert but the single pattern is now also available as a PDF and updated with more sizes).
What you get:
- 4 yarn kits containing Icelandic yarns selected especially for the project: they could be a special or limited edition, plant-dyed, hand-dyed, handspun or a special colorway, or made from special Icelandic wool or sheep. I´m particularly happy this year with some of the yarns I managed to source from our local crafters because of their rarity! Each KIT contains enough yarn to complete the project at the suggested gauge. The amount of yarn per KIT will vary depending on the project and the yarn thickness. Also the Icelandic wool is very light ! The whole package weighs about 780 g.
- 4 knitting patterns created by Hélène Magnússon, accompanied by the story behind the making of the yarns for each project: where it comes from, what’s so special about it, who made it. The patterns will be exclusive to the club for 10 months after the release of each pattern. They will be essentially accessories (shawls, mittens, hats, etc…) or other relatively little projects (no sweaters). The patterns will be provided in the form of a PDF: you will receive a notification by email each time a new pattern is released and the PDF will be automatically set into your Icelandic Knitter account under Downloads where it will be indefinitely accessible. I
- a little something from Iceland… I adore to surprise! Some may truly surprise you but you will get the explanation of what its is and what it is used for in the corresponding pattern and story. Please don´t throw anything from the packaging as it may be used or reused 😉
- the support and company of other fellow knitters if you join the Icelandic Yarn Club 4 KAL (Knit ALong) hosted on my facebook group. From December 2022 to February 2023. It is fun to share unboxing experiences and progress pictures! The group is a private group which you can join at anytime!
Good to know:
- the 4 Kits will be shipped all together in one parcel as we receive your order. They are not numbered this year but all very different and I will tell you which one to open when the pattern is released. I trust that you won´t open the kits before your receive the corresponding pattern! And please don´t throw the packaging, it could be put to use or reuse 😉
- Shipping costs are not included in the price of the kit: at the checkout you will be given the choice between various shipping options. Note that we are now shipping from France, so there won´t be any taxes and duties added in Europe. For an idea of the delays, see here.
- The 4 patterns (in English and French) will be released as follows:
KIT 1 : pattern releases December 6th 2022
KIT 2 : pattern releases December 24th 2022 (for Xmas!)
KIT 3 : pattern releases January 24th 2023
KIT 4 : pattern releases February 24th 2023
- As a Club Member, you will always be able to find your patterns PDFs in a compressed folder (ending with .zip) in your Icelandic Knitter account. To access them, with each new pattern release, log in, go under Downloads and download the updated folder. See here more detailed information on how to access your PDFs.
- If you wish to also receive your PDFs it in your Ravelry account, please send me a message with your Ravelry username so I can add it manually to your library.
- this is a club; by signing up, you are committing yourself for the duration of the club. Refunds and cancellations are not possible, without prejudice of your statutory rights. Please see our full Terms and Conditions.
- We are not able to offer the club as a subscription. It´s a one off paiement. Sorry about that.