Please note: club subscriptions can only be purchased singly. If you wish to purchase other items from the shop, or buy a second club subscription as a gift for a friend, please place another order.
What´s in the book
Mid-calf socks, high socks, half-leg socks, all 17 socks come into multiple sizes and feature all sorts of techniques (stranded knitting, a bit of lace and cables, slip stitches) and interesting constructions, top down or toe up, with quite many variations on heels and toes. Some involve interesting new techniques while others are more straightforward. You won´t be bored and there will be something for everyone, beginners and more advanced knitters alike.
From the 17 designs, 14 are brand new while 3 are reissued designs: Mosi socks published earlier this year, Barði which was exclusive to the Icelandic Yarn Club 1 until now and a DK version of Icelandic high socks first published in the book Socks around the world 2011.
The socks in the book are all knitted with Katla Sokkaband, a DK/sport Icelandic lambswool sock yarn created by Hélène and one of its kind! If you wish to use another similar yarn, for most of the socks, the gauge is 26 sts and 32 rows over 10 cm/4“ in Stocking stitch. It was achieved with needles 2.5 mm / US 1.5 but some of the test knitters had to go down 2 mm / US 0 or up 2.75 or 3 mm / US 2 or 2.5
How the Club works
The Socks of Iceland Club starts on Thursday October 1st 2020, and run for 14 weeks until Thursday December 31st 2020. You can join the Club at any time, as long as it is before the end of the Club, on Thursday December 31st 2020.
The Club is a fun place to be and knit all together but there is of course no obligation to knit all the socks in the book, or any as a a matter of fact!! Nore is there any delays or pressure to complete anything. You just take what you want from it at your own pace! A dedicated place online is opened for us to meet and chat together both on Facebook and on Ravelry: join me already on my Facebook group and / or on my Ravelry group.
Every Thursday, you will receive one or two new patterns in your Icelandic Knitter Account, sometimes an essay as well or a little story. There will often be tutorials illustrating some of the techniques used. You can except the patterns to arrive towards the end of the day (Icelandic time). PDFs will all be gathered in a ZIP file that you will therefore need to re-download each week each time a new file is added.
If you wish to also store your patterns in your Ravelry library, please indicate your user name in the notes at the checkout or send an email.
At the Club´s conclusion, you will receive a beautiful book compiling all the patterns, essays and stories.
You have the choice between different membership options:
- Book Digital version only + 10% discount code on Katla sokkaband and Katla Gift Sampler
- Printed book + digital version + 10% discount code on Katla sokkaband and Katla Gift Sampler
- Printed book + digital version + Yarn: 1 Katla Gift Sampler (11 skeins, a tote bag and a little something from Iceland) + 2 extra Katla skeins (1 black and 1 white) + 10% discount code on all products on icelandicknitter.com (except tours and clubs)
The printed book will be shipped after the Club completion (which is 31st December 2020), that is early 2021, in the next working days after the New year!
- If you choose the DIGITAL version only, there are of course no shipping costs for sending the ebook
- If you choose the PRINT & DIGITAL version, the shipping cost is included in the price. Please make sure you select the correct shipping area when purchasing your club subscription:
– ICELAND: anywhere in Iceland
– EUROPE includes all the EEA countries, that is all the countries in the EU and in the EFTA (Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)
– REST OF THE WORLD includes everywhere outside of ICELAND and EUROPE (this includes for example, Canada, USA, New Zealand, Australia, etc…)
- If you choose the PRINT & DIGITAL version + YARN, you will be charged for sending the yarn right away. The costs are according to where you are in the world and the shipping method you chose (Icelandic post or DHL Express Worldwide) but shipping the book at the end of the Club will however be free.
Note that any duties and taxes charged at customs when sending overseas, are the buyers responsibility to pay.
Good to know
The discounts apply on the products on icelandicknitter.com and you will receive your Club Discount Code in the confirmation email when you register: download the Socks-Iceland PDF file, open the ZIP file and look for the Welcome PDF (you will also find it in your Icelandic Knitter account: log in and go under Downloads). You can use your discount, as little or as often as you like, throughout the club’s entire duration, that is until the end of the year 2020. Whenever you subscribe to the Club, as long as it is before December 31st, you will be able to enjoy those discounts.
If you wish to upgrade your membership, it is possible: send us an email! It is however not possible to downgrade.
Note that the Katla Gift Sampler won´t allow you to knit all the 17 pairs of socks in the book (of course!) but hopefully many of your favorites ones, using all the colors. I added 2 skeins, one white and one black so that the possibilities are wider.. As an indication 1 skein is usually enough to knit a pair of mid-calf socks in one color in size Medium.
This is a Club: by signing up, you are committing yourself for the duration of the club. Refunds and cancellations are not possible, without prejudice of your statutory rights. Please see our full Terms and Conditions.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to send us an email!