Size: one size. Shawl fits a square ca 95x95 cm / 37x37”
Needles: cicular needle 5 mm / 8 US, crochet hook 2 mm (B/1 US)
Gauge: 10x10 cm / 4”x 4” = 16 sts x 22 rows in stocking st on needles 5 mm. Gauge is not essential but you may run short of yarn if your gauge is too loose.
Total yardage: about 450 m
Einband by Ístex, 100% wool (80% Icelandic wool), single ply lace, 2-ply weight, 50gr/skein, 50g = approx. 225m/246 yds
Grýla Tvíband by Hélène Magnússon: 100% new wool, pure Icelandic wool, plied lace, 2-ply, 25 g/skein = approx. 112 m/ 123 yds
- Spring: MC #0851 (white) 1 skein; CC1 #1765 (yellow) 1 skein; CC2 #9268 (green) 20 g; CC3 # 9990 (orange) 20 g
- It’s raining: MC #1026 (grey), CC1 #0151 (black), CC2 #0008 (blue), 1 skein each
- It’s muddy: MC #1038 (beige), CC1 #0852 (dark brown), CC2 #0853 (brown), 1 skein each; a few grams CC3 #9268 (green) to bind off.
- Grýla blue: MC anis green, CC1 sky blue, CC2 moss green, CC3 indigo blue; 1 skein each
- Grýla purple: MC Vieux Rose, CC1 anis green, CC2 aubergine, CC3 white; 1 skein each
Techniques:provisional cast-on, top down, lace, crocheted bind-off
Pattern: once you've made your paiement, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download the pattern. It comes as a PDF file. We don't send pattern by snail mail.
Kit: includes the yarn and material. Kit doesn’t include the needles and notions. Shipping costs are not included in the price. Pattern is not included and has to be purchased separately.
Errata: no mistake was found in this pattern.
Errata: no mistake was found in this pattern but there were a few updates:
24.04.2012: instructions for color combinations "It's raining" and "It's muddy" and "Love" variation added to the pattern.
16.01.2015: Grýla color combination added. Written instructions added. New layout. Newest file ending ENG2-1